FAQ - Why should I get a valuation?
- If you are selling a piece
- gifting a piece
- have inherited the piece and need to make claims
- or for insurance purposes
it is important to have an accurate valuation.
We are the only official Valuation authority for Rei Hamons art, direct from the Hāmon whānau and based on our archives and will provide you with a legal Valuation document for your own personal use.
Each Valuation is $40 NZD + gst/paypal fees, per item.
Please allow up to 4 weeks for turn around, this is paid in advance to receive your personalised digital PDF copy.
Email the following information in 1 email is possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject: Rei Hamon Valuation - your name, name of artwork if known.
1. A clear photo of the front and the back in full (jpeg) of the piece and signatures if they can be seen.
2. Background information as to how the item came into your possession. Ie: Purchase, Gifted, found in Estate lot.
3. Whether you are selling the item yourself or on behalf of someone else and confirm that you have their permission.
4. Dimensions: cm/mm, framed and unframed (if possible).
We love to hear stories about the art or recollections of our Koro Papa Rei, so please add this to your email!